Friday, April 17, 2009

Copenhagen


I spent a great weekend in Copenhagen just playing tourist - sightseeing and shopping. I did the hop on/hop off bus which I love and try to do in every city I can. It's a great way to see a lot in a very little amount of time. I also took the canal boat tour which is a great way to see Copenhagen from the water. I got very lucky with the weather and spent a sunny, warm Saturday there. Sadly, I forgot to pack the camera (and my sunglasses, jacket, and GPS with Danish streets on it) so I used the camera on my Blackberry. Not being the best photographer with an actual camera, here's the best I could do with the BB. The statue on the rock is The Little Mermaid, the statue with the sun streaks is Hans Christian Andersen, the center picture is Nyhavn, the rest are random shots from my urban hiking. If you get the chance, I highly recommend spending a little time in Copenhagen.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

Denmark here we come. Dad and I decided that's were we want to go next.

Laura said...

What an amazing looking city. The buildings look wonderful. Plus it looks clean and taken care of. I'm so glad you got to go there.

Sophie said...

The statue was wonderful. In fact, all the pics are truly great. Showed my girls The Little Mermaid. They think you rock. And you do.