Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

OK, so this is a Facebook think that I got tagged on but since so many of you aren't on Facebook, I thought it would make a good blog post as well. For those of you with your own blogs, consider yourself tagged.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.

1. I'm a California girl at heart. Don't like the cold, don't understand the cold, and find great comfort in knowing the ocean is close.

2. I HATE to shop in any store when I am the only customer. I have been known to leave a store or not even enter if I can't see someone else in there. Can't stand the undivided attention of the sales clerk.

3. I could live in a world without chocolate. Yup. It's true. Give me any other dessert choice and I will go there before I select something with chocolate in it. Not that I don't eat chocolate, it's just never my first choice.

4. Math and I are not friends. I can feel my brain turning off as soon as numbers enter the conversation...and yet, I love the show Numbers.

5. I am addicted to the West Wing...at least the first four seasons. I have seen them so many times I can probably recite them verbatim. Best written show that ever graced T.V.

6. I'm an organizational freak. I love having a place for everything and I will label anything, anywhere, anytime.

7. I never actually sing out loud in public. Church, Christmas caroling, happy birthday - it's all lip singing to me. I made a church youth chorus once when I was about 12 doing this.

8. I love to read and can't put a book down until I know how it ends. I am not above skipping to the end to see what happens so I can go to sleep at night. I have no problems picking a book up and finishing it once I know how it ends - doesn't spoil the book for me at all.

9. I think mashed potatoes are the greatest food out there and see no problem with making them the entire meal.

10. I am a liberal democrat and a Mormon. Yes the two can mix.

11. I am a total daddy's girl. Hi Dad - love you :).

12. I am allergic to Utah. I have tested positive for all known Utah allergens.

13. My profile picture was taken by a 6 year-old nephew. He is now my official photographer.

14. I have been to 48 out of the 50 states. Anyone want to head to Alaska or Arkansas with me?

15. I believe in retail therapy. I understand retail therapy. I embrace retail therapy. Retail therapy is my friend.

16. I refused to eat pizza in any way, shape or form until I was about 16.

17. If I am channel surfing, I will stop and watch anything dealing with cheerleading. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Squad - best reality show out there; Bring it On - count me in; Cheerleading Championship on ESPN - I'm there. Apparently once a cheerleader, always a cheerleader.

18. I am in love with Sydney, Australia. Can't explain it, won't justify it. I just am.

19. I have no music on my MP3 player. It's all audio books.

20. I buy the new JD Robb book the day it comes out. I put the release dates on my calendar. Promises in Death, February 24, 2009 - in case you wanted to add it to yours.

21. I make decisions all day long so I refuse to make them after hours. Go ahead, try to think of the last time I did something with you and actually picked out the restaurant or the movie or even the time to meet.

22. I am intensely shy. I would rather speak to a crowd of millions than strike up a conversation with a stranger.

23. Whenever I go home to my parents, I love to watch sports with my dad. It is almost the only time I enjoy watching sports.

24. Every time I get sick or injured, I call my mom to tell her - no matter how small it is. She's my mom, she should know, and it always makes me feel better. She's my best friend.

25. I celebrate being alive every St. Patrick's day as it is the anniversary of the day I recovered from a life-threatening illness. It will be 26 years next month.

3 comments:

Debbie Alden said...

Count me in for Alaska! I am game for anytime of year, but since you are the California Girl I would assume it will be summer.

Mike said...

You truly are a random person. I remember your illness. That's one of my earliest memories. I was worried about you. I remember throwing my Smurf figurine into your hospital bag in case you got lonely. I'm going to need that back.

Sophie said...

Oh I laughed so hard at no. 7!! I am so totally like that...but you made a choir, lypsynching!! Awesome accomplishment.