Don't you hate it when you come home from a trip and realize that your toilet is sinking (if you look closely at the picture above you can see the wave). That can't be good! After a bit of stress and a bunch of "what do I do" phone calls, my new best friend Mike from Mike and Sterling's Flooring America came out to take a look and to help me figure out what next. Fortunately things were not as bad as they appeared. Mike's crew pulled out the flooring (including what had to be the initial floor) and once exposed to the dry air that is Utah the wood underneath dried quickly. The kitchen ceiling below the toilet also survived.
It was apparently a slow leak from the toilet that leaked down instead of out (note to self - make sure plumbers do not seal around the toilet next time). Once the wood was dried, and after a fun tile selecting hour at the shop, the new floor went down. Of course, since we (they) removed two layers of flooring, the baseboards no longer matched up so the handy crew created new baseboards for me out of the tiles they were putting in. Woohoo! I love the way it came out and it did make me want to start redoing other rooms. Then I remembered I spent all my money on travel this year so maybe next year...after I buy a kitchen table.
No comments:
Post a Comment