One of my favorite things about January is the "It's All About Me Retreat". My girlfriends from college and I all head to the Wilson's Lake House at Bear Lake (Thanks Wilson's!) for two days of fun, food, workshops, and friendship. We had ten friends that joined in this year and it was a blast!
Christa, Vicki and I were the food committee and had a great time planning out the meals and shopping for them. No one was in any jeopardy of going hungry for the weekend! After dropping our groceries off, we headed out to the only restaurant open in the area and had dinner while the house heated up. After dinner we went back to the house and talked until 2:30 in the morning getting caught up with everyone.
The next day was all about workshops. These give everyone a chance to share something with the group and gives us plenty of time to learn new skills, renew skills, and chat. Our crafty people had us decorating notebooks that turned out so cute (thanks Julie and Len for figuring mine out) and we made rings (or more accurately, we tried to make rings and Len fixed them for us). A couple of people brought games to play so we had a great time playing a dice game that required we tell our left from our right (this was way more difficult than it should have been for a group of college graduates) and we had a couple of cut throat games of Pictionary. We spent some time detailing our last decade and sharing our favorites (movie, book, etc.). We gained some great recipes, spent some quality time talking about emergency preparedness (and I am now motivated to get going on this), and also got a great reminder on the importance of taking time to be still! We made brownies at 11:00 pm and stayed up again talking into the wee hours of the morning.

The last day was just about spending more time together and cleaning up the house until we all had to head back to our regularly scheduled lives. It was a fabulous week and a great reminder of how very lucky I am to have had these women in my life for the last 20 years. I can't wait to do it again next year!


1 comment:
What a fun retreat! I am so jealous..games,crafts and treats! I would so be there.
Post a Comment