It's no secret that I have not exactly enjoyed my job this year. So my second resolution, using the definition "a resolving to do something", is to find at least one thing, every day, that I like about my job. It doesn't have to be a major thing such as "wow my boss is great" (but that would be nice). For instance, today what I really like about my job is the amount of freedom and control I have over my schedule. I am very lucky that I don't have to start at a certain time, I don't have to end at a certain time, I have flexibility as to when I take lunch and how long I take it for. This is something I really like about my job.
Hi everyone! As "Greetings from (insert location here)" is the way that most of my conversations start these days, it seemed only appropriate to name my blog Somewhere Out There.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Resolution Two: What a Way to Make A Living
It's no secret that I have not exactly enjoyed my job this year. So my second resolution, using the definition "a resolving to do something", is to find at least one thing, every day, that I like about my job. It doesn't have to be a major thing such as "wow my boss is great" (but that would be nice). For instance, today what I really like about my job is the amount of freedom and control I have over my schedule. I am very lucky that I don't have to start at a certain time, I don't have to end at a certain time, I have flexibility as to when I take lunch and how long I take it for. This is something I really like about my job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This resolution reminds me of Pollyanna's "glad" game. Where you find something glad about every situation.
Great resolution. And one I remember well. It will keep you going. Also, think of the Little Engine That Could. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment