Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Very Cold Norwegian Birthday Experience


I only have a couple of pictures from my birthday weekend in Oslo because, as it turns out, Norway is cold in late November.  On this particular weekend it was unseasonably cold and snowy.  Keeping my hands warm and my nose from freezing off my face took all my powers of concentration so I forgot to take pictures.  Above is a picture of the Royal Palace.  I stayed at a Crowne Plaza nearby and had a view of the top of the palace from my window plus I had to walk by it any time I went anywhere so it is the sight I saw most in Oslo.  I think I would like Oslo in the spring or summer when it's warm enough to get the exploring juices flowing but my trip this time was pretty much limited to walking the main shopping street (which is always fun for me) and having a great slice of birthday cake (see below) in a darling little bakery after finishing my birthday lunch at McDonalds (which was selected because it was there, open on a Sunday and warm inside!)  And of course, because it was my birthday, I did buy myself a beautiful warm Norwegian sweater as a birthday present from a great little sweater shop on the lower floor of the hotel so really there was no reason to leave the building at all.  If only I had figured that out sooner :).


 

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yummy looking cake! I'm glad you had a great birthday, we thought of you all day.