I was lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving weekend in Amsterdam this year. I arrived midday on Thanksgiving and had a great day shopping and walking around the city. There are just some cities that I immediately bond with and Amsterdam was one of those cities. I really enjoyed the city, the people, and the atmosphere. The city was all decked out for the holidays and it was fun to wander through the Christmas markets and to see all the holiday decorations. I was fortunate to have a hotel that was in the midst of everything and as I have said before when it comes to enjoying traveling - location is key!
My next day in Amsterdam was a balmy winter day and after visiting the Anne Frank Huis I decided to spend it on the Canals. It was so much fun to just ride up and down all the waterways and see the city from the water. It was really one of the most enjoyable days I have spent in a city.
I give Amsterdam two thumbs up and say if you ever get a chance to visit, do it!


No comments:
Post a Comment