Hi everyone! As "Greetings from (insert location here)" is the way that most of my conversations start these days, it seemed only appropriate to name my blog Somewhere Out There.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Another Beautiful Day on the Reef
For my last day in Cairns, I joined the Poseidon on their tour. We went to three different sites. The day started with me once again donning the dreaded Lycra suit. The first site was pretty basic - very similar to the other two times I have snorkeled on the reef. Beautiful coral, lots of parrot fish, etc. At the second site we were joined by a pod of dolphins. I could seriously just watch dolphins swim for hours I find them so fascinating and relaxing. At the third site, I was snorkeling along and I looked down and realized it was a shark swimming underneath me and not a fish. Once I got my heart restarted, I popped out of the water, yelled shark, and the rest of the snorkelers came to join me. Yes I find it hilarious in retrospect that someone yells shark and everyone gathers around it instead of swimming as fast in the other direction as they can. Shortly after that several turtles swam by. They are really beautiful to watch swimming along. I decided to end my day on that high and headed back to the boat. The pictures can't begin to do the Great Barrier Reef justice. It is really the most beautiful, fascinating place I have been fortunate enough to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
WOW! You could make a postcard out of all the pictures your taking. By the way...we love our post cards.
Hi Tracy - Happy early birthday and Thanksgiving. Thanks for the postcard. Your pictures are beautiful so I can only imagine how fantastic it is in person!
Gorgeous photos!!!
Post a Comment