Sunday, November 29, 2009

One Final Day In Sydney

It is hard to believe that the sun has set on my Australian adventure. I have had an incredible month. I traveled to new places like Cairns and Canberra. I swam with sharks and dolphins and turtles. I saw crocodiles where they live...and snakes, and lizards, and spiders, and kangaroos too.

I got to visit beautiful beaches like Bondi, and Manly, and the one near Port Stephens. I saw magnificent sculptures by the sea. I got to swim and snorkel and walk in the surf. I also got to sit and just watch the waves roll in.

I got to go to plays and movies and museums. I visited aquariums, wildlife parks and reptile farms. I got to walk through botanical gardens and hike through the rain forest.
I rode in ferries, and gondolas, and boats, and trains, and monorails, and buses, and planes, and taxi's. I met people named Ben and Sally and Vanessa and Jeremiah and Amanda and Wendy and Elizabeth and others who names I have forgotten. All of whom made my experience here better.
I was able to turn 40 in a place I love. I got to sit in my happy place and just be. What a beautiful gift from life that I was fortunate to receive. Thanks to all of you who have followed my journey here. Even though I missed Thanksgiving, I am very thankful to have a family that loves and supports me at every turn and friends who ignore my shortcomings and like me anyway. So that's it from Australia. G'Day Mates.

No comments: