I needed to spend some time out of the sun today as my last day on the reef left me nice and toasty red. The Sydney Aquarium was advertising "Dugongs: See the Original Mermaids" and I thought they would be interesting to see so I headed in. The first thing I realized is that once you swim with the fish, seeing them in an aquarium is a little flat. However, the Dugongs were fascinating to watch. They are part of the sea cow family and that is exactly what they reminded me of as the grazed on their lettuce. I also walked through the Shark tank exhibit and that was supremely cool. I am VERY happy not to have encountered anything as large as the sharks I saw today while swimming.
My ticket also included entry to the Wildlife exhibit so I saw more snakes, spiders, kangaroos, koala's etc. which I really didn't need to see more of. I did have a lizard wave at me. I wish I had thought to capture it as video instead of a snapshot. I also saw the Cassowary which is a really large bird and all over my tours of Queensland there were Cassowary crossing warnings yet we never actually saw a single one so now I can check that off my list. So with the Dugongs, the Sharks, and the Cassowary, the exhibits were worth the price of admission.


1 comment:
Oh!! I definitely need to go there one of these days. It's on my To Do List. LOL. Loving your adventures, as usual.
Post a Comment