Hi everyone! As "Greetings from (insert location here)" is the way that most of my conversations start these days, it seemed only appropriate to name my blog Somewhere Out There.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sydney Sights Tour...*Yawn*
I purchased two day tours for the week, one to Canberra and one to Port Stephens. Because I bought them at the same time I earned a free Sydney Sights and Bondi tour. Although I have seen the Sydney Sights and Bondi, I thought "it's free - why not?" Boy was that faulty logic. First, we spent an hour driving all over the city going from hotel to hotel picking people up. Then the "tour" began. All I can tell you is that if this had been my introduction to Sydney, I would have thought "Sydney - whatever". We finally made it to Bondi and the voices in my head were screaming "get off this bus". At least the voices kept me entertained. Once I had disembarked, I could not make myself get back on the very boring tour so I grabbed some lunch at Bondi and then took out my trusty travel pass and hopped the nearest regular bus back to my hotel. I then took a nap thanks to the overwhelming need for sleep created by the tour. So if you ever find yourself in Sydney and want to go on a tour - avoid this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment