Hi everyone! As "Greetings from (insert location here)" is the way that most of my conversations start these days, it seemed only appropriate to name my blog Somewhere Out There.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Heeding H1N1 Warnings Leads to Sunburned Hands
Ever since the whole H1N1 pandemic took root, there have been all sorts of warnings about washing hands the right way. There have been TV ads on it, the news teams have done stories on it, there were pamphlets handed out on it when I got my shot. All of this has made me hyper aware of my own hand washing habits. Not wanting to get sick while on vacation, I have been incredibly diligent about washing my hands often and thoroughly. As a result - I now have sunburned hands. It never even occurred to me that every time I was washing my hands I was washing away any sun protection that I had applied and therefore it never occurred to me to reapply after washing my hands. Let this be a cautionary tale for all of you who are living in sunny climates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment