My first stop was LAX where I had a five hour layover which gave me ample time to head to the Homeland Security Office to conduct
my Global Entry application interview. Getting approved would help speed me through customs on reentering the US. I was happy to learn that the office was in the international terminal as I figured that was where my Sydney flight would depart from, so I headed over there which meant going out of security, out of the terminal and taking a 10 minute walk outside on a balmy LA evening. I finished my interview with flying colors (if I do say so myself) and went through the "how to use the Kiosk training". I then went to find my way to my gate, only to discover that my flight wasn't departing from the international terminal but was instead departing from the terminal I was originally in. I did the reverse walk through the balmy LA evening. As I was going through security, the guy checking my passport said "hey - didn't you just leave here". Good to know they are paying attention.
my Global Entry application interview. Getting approved would help speed me through customs on reentering the US. I was happy to learn that the office was in the international terminal as I figured that was where my Sydney flight would depart from, so I headed over there which meant going out of security, out of the terminal and taking a 10 minute walk outside on a balmy LA evening. I finished my interview with flying colors (if I do say so myself) and went through the "how to use the Kiosk training". I then went to find my way to my gate, only to discover that my flight wasn't departing from the international terminal but was instead departing from the terminal I was originally in. I did the reverse walk through the balmy LA evening. As I was going through security, the guy checking my passport said "hey - didn't you just leave here". Good to know they are paying attention.
Finally it was time for the flight to Sydney. My birthday present to myself (at least the first of what could turn out to be many) was my plane ticket. Take a look at my seat! It was great to have the privacy of the pod, to be able to stretch out and sleep for 5 hours, to watch a few movies, to be served pretty decent airline food, and all in all, really enjoy the flight. This was a big step up over the packed into coach flights I have taken to Europe this year. 14 and a half hours later and I arrived safely in Sydney - with my luggage :). That's it for the journey - it was uneventful and on time - all I really ask for when traveling!
1 comment:
That was then. This is now. Laissez le bon temps roullez!
Post a Comment